Car Purchase Terms and Conditions
Our 14-Day Money Back Guarantee
Cancellation under the distance selling regulations
Ordinarily we do not run an organised distance selling scheme.
However, due to the Coronavirus outbreak we need to support our valued customers by delivering your vehicle to your home or offering a “Click and Collect Service”
If you have fully paid for in advance and taken delivery of your vehicle without visiting us and you are not buying the car in the course of your trade or business, the following cancellation clause applies:
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days.
The cancellation period will expire by 5pm on the 14th day from the day on which you, or a third party on your behalf, collect or take delivery of your vehicle.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement sent by post or email to our address. If required, you can request a template cancellation notice form from us but it is not obligatory to use this specific template.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your clear statement or form confirming your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you, payments received from you excluding delivery cost. This reimbursement is subject to the following conditions:
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. Anything over and above a standard test drive will be considered unnecessary handling and will lead to a deduction of £1 + VAT for each mile driven over 20 miles. In addition, we will also be entitled to make a deduction for any cleaning, damage or excess wear.
- Upon receipt of your vehicle it is imperative that you fully inspect its physical condition. Once you have signed to accept the vehicle we will, unfortunately, not accept liability for any damage which was not noted during your vehicle’s delivery.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you the vehicle and all documents which were supplied including, but not limited to, service histories and the V5 documentation. We reserve the right to register the vehicle with the DVLA only on expiry of your 14 day cancellation period.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. This may include handing back any part exchange vehicle if still available and/or seeking payment from you to cover any negative equity.
4.1. If you have sold a Part Exchange Car to us in part payment of the Car, we will not be able to return the Part Exchange Car to you. We will include an amount equal to the valuation of the Part Exchange Car in the amount to be repaid to you.
- We will withhold the reimbursement until we have received the goods, keys and all paperwork back in good order.
- Delivery of your vehicle will take place at an agreed time and place. Should you, for any reason, be unable to accept this delivery then you will be liable for the cost of this delivery and any subsequent charges to return it. In the event of cancelation this amount would be deducted from your final refund amount.
- You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods and take full responsibility for the safe return of the vehicle. If you do not return the vehicle to us, we may recover the vehicle and charge you for the costs we incur in doing so. Similarly, if you return the vehicle at our expense, we may pass that expense on to you.
- It is your responsibility to return the vehicle without undue delay and in any event not later than 3 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of this contract to us. The vehicle must not be driven from the date you notify us of your cancellation, other than to drive it back to us. Should you wish to cancel this contract we will require a photographic evidence showing the odometer reading at the time you communicate your cancellation of this contract. Failure to return the vehicle within the 3 days timeframe will incur you a fee of £250.00 per day.
- You will remain liable for the vehicle and so for its tax, insurance, and any fines, charges or penalties until it has been accepted back to our premises.
- You are able to make your own arrangements for return of the vehicle but, in doing so, accept full liability for the vehicle until it is returned to us. Any damage caused to the vehicle will be deducted from your final refund amount and, in the case of any insurance claim being raised, no refund will be made until payout from the relevant insurance company has been made to us.
- You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than which is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods according to the previous reference to test drives.
No refund amount will be made until the vehicle has been inspected and signed for by a member of our team. If we intend to make any deductions from your final refund amount, then you will be made aware of that amount prior to the refund.